foo_timedisplay is a plugin for foobar2000 to display custom text (using foobar2000’s title formatting) and/or current playing time in a separate window.
- custom display format support using foobar2000’s title formatting, so you can display track artist/title, or bitrate or anything else like on the first screenshot, not just current playing time
- remaining time display (double-click on the window)
- copy/paste time support (copies current time as text to clipboard)
- millisecond displaying with 99.5% precision
- display is fully-customizable:
- adjustable font type, color, window background color
- adjustable text position
- adjustable update interval
- adjustable millisecond precision
- hour/minute/second/millisecond display can be switched on/off separately
- text is resized when window gets resized (can be switched off)
- full-screen and always on top support
- window title bar and frame display can be switched on/off
- window can be moved with left click + dragging – this can be switched off also
- flashing before end of track
Check out my other foobar2000 plugin, foo_ir2!
Current version: v1.1.4
Don’t forget to read installation notes below!
If you want to run more than one time displays simultaneously (for example to display stuff like on the first screenshot), here’s the same plugin with modified configuration GUIDs, so foobar2k will load these with along the original dll:
- 1.1.4 – fixed: remaining playlist time display segfault
- 1.1.3 – added: remaining playlist time display
- 1.1.2 – added: scroll padding
- 1.1.1 – scroll flickering has been fixed
- 1.1.0 – added: flashing before end of track, keep text aspect ratio option, text position editor, custom display format support using foobar2000’s title formatting, scrolling
- 0.1.3 – when fb2k was started with a track in paused state, msec counter started to run – fixed
- 0.1.2 – initial release
Extract foo_timedisplay.dll into foobar2000’s components subdirectory, then restart foobar.
If time display window doesn’t show up, click on View -> Time Display!
If you want a display like mine on the first screenshot, you have to use 5 time displays (download the additional dlls).
The first one is displaying track information, the display format string is:
%codec%$if($strcmp(%codec_profile%,?),, $replace(%codec_profile%,VBR V,VB)) %bitrate% $if($strcmp(%channels%,mono),1ch,2ch) $div(%samplerate%,1000)k
The second one is showing track remaining time, the third one is the big current time display. These displays are using “Terminal” fonts, frame borders and title bars are switched off.
Track artist/title is a scrolling display as you can see, using the font called “Trajan Pro”. The display format string is:
"%artist% - %title%"
(without the quotation marks)
The fifth display is showing total track time, with the format string